Monday, January 3, 2011

A photography lesson in Bokeh

I strive to learn something new everyday. It can be something about my day job, something about the people around me, something about the world and even something about photography.
It took me moving to Utah to meet an awesome photographer, Eric Russell, who has already taught me so much! He has turned out to be my technical mentor when I have questions, need help or just need someone to challenge me photographically.
In December, I wanted to go out and do some night shooting. I asked him to show me around downtown and to just be there for me!! Brad, Allie and I met up with Eric and his girlfriend downtown for a quick bite to eat at Siegfried's Deli downtown and they took us to Temple Square to check out the lights. We've never been to the Temple and I was excited!

While we were out, Eric gave me a quick lesson in Bokeh. I had to do some research on it when I got home just to satisfy my curiosity.

Wikipedia defines Bokeh as blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light."

I must say that I had a lot of fun with Bokeh and the lights at Temple Square.




These will definitely turn in to some art prints that I will have in our new home (whenever that may be!)

I also got some night shooting in as well. Thanks Eric and Gina for accompanying us downtown. As always, Eric, thanks for challenging me...photographically! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find us on Facebook!!

Followers